Digital printing is a great option for print art with many colors, or even single-color jobs with small print quantities. Digital printing is much quicker to set up than screen printing, so it is a cost-effective option for all jobs under 70 pcs. We often print digitally on jobs up to 500 pcs when color counts are high.
Advantages of Digital Printing:
- Higher print resolution, which results in sharper image quality vs screen printing.
- The ability to print infinite colors at an affordable price.
- The ability to print photographs and artwork with complex color fades.
- Quick setup keeps costs lower on small quantity print runs.
- Proven durability and wash resistance.
- Maximum print dimensions for digital printing are larger than the maximum print dimensions for screen printing.
Disadvantages of Digital Printing:
- Costs are higher on high volume low color count print jobs vs screen printing.
- Cost increases with image size.